Saturday, April 4, 2015
9:30 am – 3:00 pm
Hop on over to the Amarillo Zoo for our sixth annual Easter EGG-citement event. This annual event offers kids a chance to explore the Zoo and receive candy-filled Easter eggs from one of our costumed characters. Share the day with the costumed characters like Bugs Bunny, Kangaroo, Hummingbird and other spring time animal friends. Plus, take a photo with our guest of honor- the Easter Bunny! Plant a carrot seed garden to take home to plant in your backyard garden, pet one of our cuddly bunnies at Bunnyville. Other event highlights include:
- Bunny Trail EggVenture – Jump, hop and bounce from one “eggsploration station” to the next at this spring event! Bunny Trail EggVenture is filled with all kinds of fun! Pick up a special “passport” to embark on a quest to gather colorful candy-filled eggs from one of many costumed characters. Safari-goers will get their passport punched at each egg station as they discover fun facts about our animals. At the end of the search, kids can trade in their passports for a surprise. There are no traditional Easter egg hunts at Easter EGG-citment.
- Face painting by AmaDazzle (extra fee applies).
- Even the Zoo animals will get in on the action with eggy-enrichments. The lions, tigers, monkeys and lemurs will be given “special egg treats” throughout the day.
- Spider Monkeys/Lemurs 10:15 am
- Lions/Tigers 11:15 am
- Bears 1:15 pm
- Kangaroo 2:15 pm
- Keep a look-out for the special GOLD eggs hidden around the zoo. Find one and redeem it for a special prize. (one per child)
- Participate in our guessing game at our egg-cellent exhibit on real animal eggs including replicas of whooping crane, golden eagle, tortoise, python and a replica egg of the Elephant Bird plus other eggs from the animal kingdom.
- Have fun at one of many special Eggy games including an egg relay, egg toss and finding colorfully wooden eggs hidden in mounds of straw.
- Kids are encouraged to bring their Easter baskets to collect goodies located throughout the Zoo.
- Live music with Andy Chase Cundiff from 11am – 1pm.
$5 per person
AZS members Free
Special thanks for our sponsorship partners – Amarillo National Bank, Burkett Outdoor Advertising, Belmar Bakery, Atmos Energy, Sonic and Amarillo Zoological Society.