BOO at the Zoo
October 24 and 25
5:30pm – 9pm
Noon – 5pm
“BOO at the Zoo” and “MONSTERS” Events offers Halloween fun and thrills!
The Amarillo Zoo has expanded its Halloween fun this year! Everyone’s family favorite “BOO at the ZOO” will be returning for its 6th year on Friday and Saturday, October 24th and 25th from 5:30pm – 9:00pm and Sunday from noon – 5:00pm with more new games, activities and costumed animal characters. PLUS, new this year on Halloween night October 31st the Zoo will be hosting “MONSTERS” from 6:00pm – 9:00pm.
BOO at the ZOO will again feature costumed characters like tiger, lion, donkey, peacock, kangaroo and others handing out candy treats plus there will be plenty of ghoulish games, face painting, costume parades and creepy crawly critters that will ensure a howling good time! Even some of the Zoo residents will get into the Halloween spirit with special pumpkin “Chomp and Stomp” enrichment activities.
In the spirit of Halloween, costumes are encouraged. But because this event is geared toward families with young children, we ask adults not to wear scary costumes or costumes that cover their faces.
There’s no safer or more exciting way for families with children of all ages to enjoy Halloween!
Help us stay green by bringing your own trick or treat bag to fill with candy and other treats!
BOO at the Zoo highlights include:
- Over 20 treat stations featuring costumed animal characters such as the peacock, lion, tiger, kangaroo, fox, bear, panther, donkey, hummingbird and more!
- Cryptozoology exhibits – explore the realm of unknown, undiscovered and mythological animals. See a horn from a unicorn, the break from a giant squid, skeleton of the world’s largest frog, skull of a Bigfoot and more oddities from the natural world!
- Pumpkin STOMP and CHOMP enrichment activities for the lions, lemurs, monkeys and donkeys.
- See the world’s largest species of toad – the size of a dinner plate, hairy tarantulas, flesh-eating beetles and more creatures that make you say YUCK!
- Purchase exclusive and numbered art paintings by giant cockroaches.
- Participate in our costume parades.
- Face Painting by Amadazzle (extra fee applies).
- Fun games like Pumpkin Putt Putt Golf, Needle in the Haystack, Pumpkin Ring Toss, Batty Bat Toss, Pumpkin Bowling and more new games!
- Are you superstitious? Find out in Superstition Alley.
- View the extinct animal grave yard.
Friday, October 24 and Saturday, October 25, 2014
5:30pm – 9:00pm both nights
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Noon – 5:00pm
$5 per person
Plan to come back again for “MONSTERS” on Friday Oct 31st from 6:00pm – 9:00pm for a bit more thrill as visitors will discover creatures that are unknown, undiscovered or maybe just part of legend and folklore. Our normal zoo animals will be off-exhibit this evening so we can utilize their enclosures to safely display live costumed recreations of the legendary Yeti, Chupcabara, Werewolf, Mothman, Bigfoot and the Louisiana Goat Man. Through the use of replicas, photos, eye witness accounts and live recreations, you can venture into the wild world of mythical creatures. For one night only, learn about creatures that were once thought to be imagined, creatures behind the myths of unicorns, sea serpents, dragons and mermaids and creatures yet to be discovered! From the supernatural to things that make you say “Ew!” to one-of-a-kind pieces of animal art, MONSTERS is sure to give you a thrill!
This event is also geared for children but can also be fun for adults – a little more thrill.
No candy will be handed out at MONSTERS but everyone will get their fill of thrills!
Friday, October 31, 2014
6:00pm – 9:00pm
$5.00 per person
The Zoo will be closing at noon on Friday and Saturday, October 24th and 25th to set up for BOO at the Zoo. The Zoo will be closed Sunday morning October 26th to prepare for BOO at the Zoo.
Avoid the lines – buy your BOO at the ZOO and MONSTERS tickets in advance and come through the express entrance on the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased at the Zoo admissions booth Tuesday – Sunday from 9:30am – 5:00pm.
The Amarillo Zoo is located at NE 24th Ave and Dumas Highway inside Thompson Park.
Special Thanks to our Gold sponsor McDonalds, Silver Sponsor Amarillo National Bank, Supporting sponsors Sonic and Xcel Energy and treat sponsors: Noah’s Ark Pet Hospital, Le Chateau Pet Resort, Heaven’s Rainbow Bridge, Children’s Dentistry of Amarillo, The Hagy Company, Mitch, Allen and Mitchell PLLC, Wells Fargo Wealth Management and The Venom.
Looking for an “un-BOO-lievably” wild way to celebrate Halloween? Then make plans to join the aniamls for an evening of not-so-scary, high spirited Halloween fun!
Admission – $5 per person/non-member
Tickets on sale now for BOO at the Zoo and MONSTERS! Tickets can be purchased Tuesday – Sunday 9:30am – 5:00pm from the Zoo admissions booth.