BOO at the Zoo!
There’s no safer or more exciting way for families with children of all ages to enjoy Halloween!
Friday, October 25 and Saturday, October 26, 2013
5:30pm – 9:00pm both nights
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Noon – 5:00pm
Looking for an “un-BOO-lievably” wild way to celebrate Halloween? Then make plans to join the animals for an evening of not-so-scary, high-spirited Halloween fun at the Amarillo Zoo’s BOO at the Zoo. Costumed kids and their families will have a howling good time encountering costumed characters on the walkways and thrills & chills seeing the Creepy Crawley Critters that they will encounter. Make sure to check out the “Stomp and Chomp” animal enrichments when lions, tigers, monkeys and lemurs get to play with their pumpkins filled with treats. Kids are guaranteed to have a “ZOO-pernatural” time with over 20 treat stations located throughout the Zoo. Bring your family and friends for big fun at Boo at the Zoo!
Help us stay green by bringing your own trick or treat bag to fill with candy and other treats!
BOO at the Zoo highlights include:
- Over 20 treat stations featuring costumed animal characters such as the lion, tiger, kangaroo, fox, bear, panther, Little Red Riding Hood, Little Bo Peep, Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland and more!
- Monsterific kids music with Andy Chase Cundiff.
- Pumpkin STOMP and CHOMP enrichment activities for the lions, lemurs, monkeys and donkeys.
- The “Bone Yard” featuring touchable skulls and other bones.
- See the world’s largest species of toad – the size of a dinner plate, hairy tarantulas, flesh-eating beetles and more creatures that make you say YUCK!
- Visit the GROSSology lab – if you have the stomach for it!
- Take a turn at the Squeal of Fortune – Harry Potter fans will get their chance to try a “Bertie Bott’s All Flavor Jelly Beans” like barf, stinky socks, grass clippings, snot or skunk spray!
- Face Painting by Amadazzle (extra fee applies).
- Visit Jack and plant your very own bean stalk to take home.
- Fun games like Pumpkin Putt Putt Golf, Spider Ring Toss, Batty Bat Toss, Pumpkin Bowling and more!
- Are you superstitious? Find out in superstition alley.
- View the extinct animal grave yard.
- And, for a little spooky fun – The Zoo will have a living Sasquatch on exhibit. Also known as Bigfoot – this 7’6” creature will be on exhibit only during BOO at the ZOO!Kids are encouraged to bring their own trick or treat bags.
In the spirit of Halloween, costumes are encouraged. But because this event is geared toward families with young children, we ask adults not to wear scary costumes or costumes that cover their faces.
This is one Halloween party you won’t want to miss!
The Zoo will be closing at noon on Friday and Saturday, October 25th and 26th to set up for BOO at the Zoo. The Zoo will be closed Sunday morning October 27th to prepare for BOO at the Zoo.
$5 per person
Avoid the lines – buy your BOO at the ZOO tickets in advance and come through the express entrance on the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased at the Zoo admissions booth Tuesday – Sunday from 9:30am – 5:00pm.
The Amarillo Zoo is located at NE 24th Ave and Dumas Highway inside Thompson Park.